Tuesday, July 28, 2009

My sanity on 3 wheels

So I have come to the conclusion that I have gotten lazier/wussier with this third baby. With both Samantha and Collin I would get up at 6:15/5 days a week and exercise. But now I am lucky to get up when Collin calls out to get out of his crib at around 7. The problem with not getting up before the kids to exercise is that I can't get through a workout without being interupted more than once. For my sanity and because I know that it is good for myself and for the baby- I can't just give up my work outs. So in talking with Mike we came up with a solution......


Tah Dah! A bike trailer/jogger. No I don't own a bike-(I can't tell you the last time I was on a bike) but this works GREAT for the two kids- two kids who are older-and one who won't fit in a typical jogging stroller. Luckily with my recent birthday I was able to use that money for it!

So each morning right after Mike leaves for the clinic- we load up and take off! Our neighborhood is perfect for walking- especially because there are so many others out walking/running/biking it feels safe.










I love my stroller- it kills 2 birds with one stone- entertainment for the kids and exercises for me! Plus it can/will be used for years to come!

8 comments:

Tasha said...

What a great idea & my kids absolutely LOVE those bike trailers!! We don't have one, but anyone else who does they are constantly begging for rides! Your my inspiration I started yesterday with Dave waking me up at 6:45 & walking before he goes to his rotation. I would do it after the girls wake up, but with the heat that is out of the question...it is plenty warm when I go at 6:45! I love the pictures of the kids & am glad that Collin is enjoying his binoculars!! Good for you on finding an alternate plan, I just wish my stroller was right along side of yours along with Jena & her little kiddos!!

Julianne Zollinger said...

Wow - once more you have impressed me - super mom. Since they day I found out I was pregnant I have exercised maybe 5 times and felt just fine about it. Not anymore :).

Our Little Family said...

I told Jonathan after (not while Im prego) I have Halle I wante one of those. I told him we both need to get bikes and go on famiy rides at night and I could use it in the morning too.

Jena said...

Yay for you! You are going to love that. I finally caved and got a double jogger. It has been heavenly. Johnny and Rylee ride their bikes and I get to run behind them. We have a great bike trail that is right by our house.

I agree, let's meet up as soon as you get back from UT. Just give me call and we will set it up!!! Can't wait!

josh and stef said...

I need one of those!! Pushing and trying to jog with a normal double stroller isn't the easiest!

John, Jess, Ellie, Cade, Eden & Scarlett said...

I love Collin and the binoculars--hilarious. John and I have been thinking about the idea of bikes and a trailer, so I may have to get the details about the brand you got, etc.. if we ever decide to actually do it! Looks like the kids love it!

Josie said...

I couldn't live without my double stroller. I wouldn't work out without it either. So I've been meaning to call you for a long time now. I promise i will! We have a lot to catch up on. I made Elle a dress! I got my sewing machine and I'm so excited about it. I'll call you.

SummerV said...

They are so nice. I have used mine a few times to run but kinda hate running with my kids and having Ken yack at me the whole time- I know I am mom of the year. We love it for the bikes though, I just ride and ride and when Ken tries to talk to me or sophie fusses "oh what, what's that sorry girls can't hear you" Ha ha. You have always been great about exercising which is why you are totally cute prego and about a day after you have the baby. Good for you!