Sunday, August 31, 2008

Daddy's are the BEST!






On Saturday we had some friends (Perry's, Flanagan's, McClures and Burnum's) over for swimming and a BBQ. It was so much fun- the weather was beautiful (this August has been so different from last year) the kids got along great and of course the food was really good! But I think my most favorite part was when the dad's (after the Utah game, of course) took the kids over to the little ghetto swing set. All of us girls commented on how great we have it that our husbands are such wonderful fathers- they love to play with their kids- and any chance they get (which some days isn't much) they take it. I've mentioned this before- but both of our kids light up the moment Mike walks in the door- it is seriously my favorite thing- and not just because it means I have some support!

I grew up with an amazing father-he loved his kids- and that is something that we never doubted. Every night when he walked in the door we would rush to the stairs and he would stand at the bottom and we would jump into his arms. Me being the wuss that I am- only ever went as high as the 4th stair- but I loved it regardless and will never forget it. I miss him so much- there isn't a day that passes that I don't think of him. I will forever be grateful for the example he was of a loving father. It's fun to watch my own brothers with their little girls- and to see how much like our dad they are. I've been so blessed to marry a man who is also an amazing father- one who my kids will always be able to look up to.


Daddy's are the BEST!
(the above picture was taken maybe 17 years ago)

5 comments:

Brianne & Jarod said...

Love all the sweet dedications to your children and Dads! Congrats on being married 5 yrs!!!

SummerV said...

That was a really sweet post. I love the old picture, really cute. By the way, it's not okay that you still look as great as you did the day you were married. Your a hot hot woman Amberlee!

Kat said...

I don't know which is sweeter, that picture with Dad, or my outfit...good call Bee!

Heidi said...

I loved your dad too. Didn't know him much but he was a great example to all. I'm glad that you married a great man as well!

Katherine said...

I really loved this post. Very sweet.