Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Nauvoo Pageant



One of the greatest things about living where we do- is that we are so close to so many church sites. For the past few weeks the Nauvoo pageant has been going on- and since we will not be here next year at this time we thought that we would be crazy if we past up the opportunity to see it. We went with some firends and had a blast! There were all sorts of activities going before. Samantha and Collin had so much fun playing pioneer games and dancing to the music.
The pageant of course was so neat- yet another opportunity to be reminded of the sacrifice of the Prophet Joseph as well as the early saints and to have my own testimony strengthened. I am so grateful that we had the chance to experience it.

Part of the festivities



This nice girl just walked around and played and then she would let the kids try if they wanted


Samantha, Mackenna and Brooklyn getting ready for a handcart ride-



Mike took Collin on his own ride- he didn't move around a bit- just sat and enjoyed the ride!


Taking a swing during a square dance-(notice Bear participated too!)


Samantha and Brooklyn doing the Irish jig


Collin just loved watching all that went on



Odd that the smallest one was the anchor!? I'm not sure that most strategic move!





8 comments:

Unknown said...

AWESOME! It's good you made it to the pageant while you live here. It's so much fun!

It was great seeing you today. Good luck on your trip! I'm going to call you tomorrow since it is so late and see if Kent can catch a ride back with you and help with gas money. We'll see if that would work when I talk to you!

John, Jess, Ellie, Cade, Eden & Scarlett said...

This made me homesick for Missouri! I'm glad you got to go and had fun!

Katherine said...

How fun! Those pictures are great. I can't wait to go. Is it over for this year already?

kristi and family said...

that looks awesome...

Bree said...

That looks like it was so fun, I am so jealous you live by all the great church sites... I wish so bad I could go to Nauvoo. Samantha looks like her hair has grown 2 feet since we saw you. Collin is still our sweet little teddy bear.

Tiffany said...

I get back to Kirksville tomorrow- we'll have to hang out now that our husbands are back in school! Cute summer pics!!

SummerV said...

I love that she still drags that tattered old bear around everywhere, so sweet. When we visited Nauvoo the pagent had just ended. You do live in a great area. It must remind you of all your sappy old church love stories you use to read about the pioneers. He he. I am so sad I missed you while you were in town. As you know with both families in Utah it can be freakin busy. I am ready to relax in Colorado myself.

Sara said...

thanks for the sweet comment on my bday post .:)

i emailed you back about saturday ... do you cut on saturdays only?
just let me know ;)