Thursday, August 28, 2008

5 YEARS!!!


So today is great for a couple reasons- the first one being that Mike just finished up his 4th quarter- 3 to go! That was by far my favorite quarter- it was short and sweet- but we are told we are headed into the 2 worst! Yuck.

(Warning - this next part may be a bit on the cheesy side- but hey it's our anniversary- so you'll have to deal with it!)
The 2nd reason is that it is our 5th year anniversary! Crazy that it has been 5 years- it seems like we've been together forever- and in a good way!
I am so grateful for Mike. I am grateful that he is my best friend. I love when we get the chance to just talk (without cute little interruptions-which we wouldn't change for the world) - he is my favorite person to talk to. I love how he always makes me feel so good about myself- he has always been so complimentary- which now after 2 kids- its so important! He is an amazing father and wonderful teacher. A few years ago he taught primary to some 6-7 year old boys and they adored him- I remember sitting in on one of his classes- and was amazed at how well he communicated with them- and how well they responded to him. He is that way with our kids- and I love it! He is so incredibly organized- and clean which as a wife I am so lucky.
I am so proud of how hard he works in school. He has the most tender heart and combined with his intelligence- I have no doubt what an incredible doctor he will be. I am grateful that he holds the priesthood and honors it. I love that we have forever together.





8 comments:

Earl & Girls said...

Congrats, on 5 years. It goes by so fast. I'm jealous you are already so far in school. Mike will make a great doctor. Good luck.
Rachel

Maren said...

Congratulations! Your wedding pictures are beautiful. Oh, funny coincidence, but Sheldon and I had our first kiss 5 years ago today. And hurray, the first year is officially done! I feel like doing a little dance.

Heidi said...

Beautiful pictures! It's funny how it seems like a long time when it's really not. I can't believe that I'll have an 11 yr old in 2 months!

Sara said...

You are such a beautiful couple! Love the pictures (you haven't changed a bit!) and Happy Belated Anniversary!

Unknown said...

How sweet! You know, the worst of school is comin', but it goes by so fast! 2nd year flies!!

Happy Anniversary!!

Unknown said...

sorry I posted twice (now three times, ha!), I thought my last one didn't work :)

Katherine said...

You guys make such a cute couple!!! Happy Anniversary!

Erin said...

I'm catching up on your last few posts. :) Congrats on your 5 year anniversary! Your wedding pics are beautiful--I think this is the first time I've seen them...