Monday, August 18, 2008

What would we do without our Samantha?

There is no one quite like Samantha! She is such a mixture of pure girl- but yet has a bit tomboy in her. She loves to be girly- make-up, jewelry, high heels, dresses- but - she HATES to have her hair done. Luckily the bottom of her hair still has the natural curl or she would for sure walk around like a scraggle muffin. The only day that she will put up with getting her hair done is Sunday (and that's only after a threat or two of being left home- ya I'm a mean mom) and that is usually just a clip on the side. This is such a struggle for me considering that I do hair and to boot she has beautiful hair- with so many possibilities! Maybe one day?
She is such a sensitive little thing- always concerned for those around her. She has a massive imagination- always in another world- with crazy little stories- usually ones that she has heard me talk about on the phone or with Mike- but with her own twist. Whenever she wants a treat or something that she thinks that I may not let her have- she come up to me "Mom- who wants this? You- or me- or Collin.......... or me?" She is always listening to all that is going on around her- or in other words she is super nosey! Which I think is payback- considering I had huge ears growing up! She has an incredible memory- a lot like her mom's - full of random info.

Her favorite primary song is "I Love To See The Temple" which any time that we pass a temple- she would make all those in the car sing along with her. It happened all the time in Utah- but not so much around here. - But don't worry it is the automatic choice for family night opening song- so we still get our fill!
She loves to dance and sing- super sassy- and over the summer in Utah she developed this love of getting her picture taken- but with of course-sass. Notice in the pictures- her messy face- I can't for the life of me figure out how she gets her food in the places that she does? But she doesn't seem to mind! Messy face or not- she is my "most favorite" little girl in the world! (that's something that Samantha and I say to eachother- I am her "most favorite mom" in the world- and she is my most favorite girl)




3 comments:

Heidi said...

that is so precious! You can threaten to cut her long hair if she doesn't let you fix it.(hopefully she won't agree though) It looks like you are having so much fun. Miss you and love you!

Josie said...

Look how beautiful she is. And she's just so sweet. We really miss you guys. Hope you are doing well and lets talk soon.

kristi and family said...

so cute... girls are the best....