Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Welcome Home "WEEDO BEBE OWEN"

After Owen was born and everything with both he and I looked good, my doctor told me that if I wanted to I could go home the next day. I was happy with this news, I am not a big fan of staying in the hospital, plus I have never been away from my kids over night- so I just really wanted to be home.
I wasn't sure of how Collin would react to Owen. I knew he loved babies- but I didn't know if he would love a little baby who never went home! Plus up until I had Owen, Collin was convinced that HE was the one having the baby- not me- so who really knew what was going on in his cute little head.
The welcome home- of course brought tears to my eyes (doesn't take much these days). The kids were SO excited- and it was just nice to be home. (plus my mom made the best dinner- I am NOT a fan of hospital food- so I was so ready for her cooking)



3 weeks later, and the scene in this picture hasn't changed. The kids are ALWAYS wanting to be right where Owen can see them.





From the beginning, we had to teach Collin that he had to touch "softly"(he had a lot of love to share)-especially when he wanted to touch his head. This picture made us laugh because it looks like Collin is giving Owen a blessing

We were lucky enough to have not only my mom here with us, but also Steph, and for a couple of days my brother Cameron came too.(thanks to Dad and Cassie for holding down things at home) It was so great to have them around. Being away from family has taught me to appreciate them even more- I come from an amazing family.
My mom and Steph are seriously two of my best friends. I love to be with them and just be able to talk and laugh. We have such a good time together. I am so grateful for the time they spent here and for all that they did to help. My mom is an incredible person, someone who I look up to and I feel so blessed to have her as my mom. Literally, as each day passes, I get further and further in debt to her. She does so much for me and for my family.
We couldn't have done it without you!- thank you!


*Explanation for the title- This is what Collin calls Owen- it's always either "Weedo Bebe Owen" or just "Bebe Owen"- never just Owen

11 comments:

Jena said...

You are so lucky! I love having family over. I bet you did not want to see them leave. I can totally hear Collin saying "Weedo Bebe Owen". Too cute!

Marianne said...

Amberlee! He is so cute! Congrats on #3 - it's a doozy. Somedays - after I've put the kids to bed - I feel bad because I think back on the day and the fact that all I said was "Please be soft. Be gentle. Stop bugging her! Leave her the freak alone!" Ohhhh - but they love a baby - what can ya do?
Is this "steph" the one that my brother Bryant went out with? My sister was super excited about this line-up and kept telling us that she was soooooo beautiful. I hope they go out again.
Good to see you're doing well!

Alisa said...

Love the picture and I agree - you have an amazing mother!

chapstick said...

Thanks B. I feel the exact same way as you, I feel it a great blessing to have you not only as a daughter but as a friend too. I tear up as I remember that day. A great day to share with you all. Love you, Mom

Kaydee and the boys said...

Oh I love it!! And it's true, you do have an incredible mom. I bet it's too fun witnessing that strong bond between two brothers. Congrats again.

Megan said...

Congrats on Owen Amberlee! I love his name, and Collin looks so sweet with him. So happy for you :)

Tiffany said...

So glad things are going so well with the new baby! That is just too cute- "weedo bebe owen." love it!

Tasha said...

I love these pictures & the one totally looks like Collin is giving him a blessing. That was my thought before I even read what you had put! These kids are to cute with him, the pictures just melted my heart! hope you are still doing well!

Amy Jenks said...

So sweet! You can tell they completely adore him - but who wouldn't adore that adorable little boy?
You look AMAZING!!!

Jill said...

How great to be home AND have family there!I hope things are still going good. Looks like you've got some great little helpers around too!

Zach, Jen, Elizabeth & Summer said...

YAY Owen! He's perfect. And I got teary when I saw the adorable pics of your kids with Owen. How lucky he is to have adoring older siblings. :) Oh, and you look too good in the pic to have just had a baby. Congrats on the new addition! :)