Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Before and After

I have kind of ignoring our blog lately. With the baby coming in 3 short weeks, Samantha's birthday and birthday party, making baby stuff and doing Christmas stuff- it's honestly the last thing I want to do.
But seeing that I woke up at 5 this morning for no real reason- oh wait- it was to go to the bathroom for the 100th time- and couldn't go back to sleep- I figured I'd finally post about our Thanksgiving.
We had a great time- we went and stayed with our school family(minus the Perry's- I second Jena- it wasn't the same without you guys) - the Flanagan's- who live just 3 hours away- in Michigan. This was the first time we had seen them since the stupid tornado back in May. Our life and time in Kirksville almost seems unreal and so far away- so it was great to be with them again.


I don't have any pictures of Thanksgiving day- I left that to the pro and told her to send me some(no pressure Jena). But I do have some pictures of the day before and the day after- hence the title of the post.


The day before while I was baking my dishes for the next day- I found a project to keep the kids entertained (for atleast 10min.) They had a great time- and funny enough Collin seemed to get more into it than Samantha!








Samantha got a little over zealous with her toothpicks and lost interest before she finished

The day after Thanksgiving we went to the Henry Ford Museum. It was great- although Mike and Brian plan on going back when they can read all the signs and look at things longer than 2 seconds. (I admit I am SO not a sign reader when it comes to museums and monuments)
They had a Lego exhibit which was pretty cool.


Thanks again, Flanagans for a fabulous holiday- we had a great time-
Now it's your turn!

3 comments:

Mike said...

I am not a sign person either Amberlee, Michael must get it from his mother!

Jena said...

I'm going to send you pictures I promise! There are so many that I thought it would be better to send them on a cd. The one where I captured samantha and collin's collision, is so funny. Rylee is in the back happy as can be! By the way, I am so not a pro. Not even close. But I do have a cool camera!

Baby time soon!!!!! don't forget 01.01.10 is the goal.

Jill said...

I've been wondering when you must be having that baby! So soon! Yeah!
I hope things go really well! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun at thanksgiving!