Sunday, December 27, 2009

Come on little guy!

Really I have no reason to be complaining right now. My induction has been set for awhile now- Dec. 29th. But a week ago Friday I lost my mucus plug (sorry I know that is such a gross thing to write about) and anyone that I talked to - a couple nurses- and my doctor- all said "Oh for sure you won't make it to your induction date- you'll be lucky to make it past Christmas" At first I was super stressed- I was worried about not being home with the kids Christmas Eve and morning etc. plus who would take the kids? All my friends offered several times- as well as some kind members of our ward- but even still I was stressed- it was the holidays. So I began to prepare and turned to prayer to ask Heavenly Father to help it so that baby could wait to come AFTER Christmas- even later on that day- I just wanted to make it to Christmas morning. Being the supportive,selfless parents they have always been- they paid the extra amount to fly out Steph to help just in case he came before Christmas. Steph got in late on the 23rd and has been with us ever since. It has eased so much concern having her here- but I feel horrible because it seems like she came out for nothing.-(although I have LOVED having some family here since we couldn't' go home for Christmas)
Now it's the 27th and no sign that sweet baby boy is going to come out unless he is forced out on Tuesday! I don't know why I am so disappointed that he isn't here yet-for heavens sake he really isn't even due until the 5th of January! I guess it's because I finally prepared myself mentally for the earlier delivery- and now nothing has happened! Poor kid is probably so confused on what he is supposed to do!
I would however feel completely ungrateful if I didn't express how grateful I am for my prayers being answered- I did get to be home with our kids Christmas morning- and that was something so important to me.
Either way- Tuesday we will finally get to meet the little guy! (hopefully "little"- ultrasound measured him at 7 lbs. 3 weeks ago- luckily ultrasounds can be off a little- and fingers crossed that it doesn't turn out like my sis-in-law whose ultrasound measured 8 lbs and her girl was 0ver 10 1/2 lbs!) We'll keep you posted!

3 comments:

Sara said...

hang in there, girl! the last few weeks are emotionally and physically draining! can't wait to see pics. xoxo

Earl & Girls said...

Good luck. I know you'll do great.

Tiffany said...

I can't believe it's here!! Can't wait to see pics!!