Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Field Trip and Still-A-Bration

So I am awful at keeping up my blog lately- I have been busy with my Christmas projects- so I have not been on the computer much. We did just have a really nice weekend though- but I didn't take any pictures! We went to Nauvoo- it was our stake conference so we decided to make a trip out of it (in spite of Mike's big test on Monday). We were able to do a session in the temple by trading off babysitting with the Perry's- and then the next day we attended Stake Conference. It was a quick trip- but a nice one- it was so great to be able to go to the temple with Mike- and just be away from our "worries" for a while. Thankfully we have such good friends - who we completely trust our kids with- so we didn't worry about them for a second.
This past week was Samantha's field trip to the pumpkin patch. Her preschool took a trip to a local farm a few miles out of town. They took a hayride, went on a "mini" hay maze, jumped off hay bales into a big pile of hay- and also played in a bounce house! It was a fun-filled morning. Collin was ticked most of the time- because he wanted to participate- but was too little.
Hay ride with friends
So excited for maze! (New addition- those two kids standing next to Samantha are younger siblings of other students- Samantha has always been tall for her age- - so yes she is tall- but not that tall!)
...still so excited about the maze- so cute. To me this is just one example of how Samantha find joy out of what seems like something so small. She is seriously just the happiest little girl.
Just "b-laxing" with the pumpkins
Mike's school had Founders Day- or Still-A-Bration- where they have all sorts of activities going on. They have things for kids as well- a jump house, pony-rides, bubbles, roping hay steers and a few more things. They also have a huge bbq dinner. We for some reason didn't go last year- so we wanted to make it this year. The kids had a great time- and the food looked awesome- but we didn't stick around- the line was super long and our kids were starving!
Collin's favorite thing was the bubbles- and just like everything else- he tried to eat them.







5 comments:

SummerV said...

Little Collin is thinning out, what is up with that? I wanted him to stay a little butterball. Samantha's hair absolutely kills me! It is so long. She is darling and so sweet. She seems to tower over the kids in her preschool class...how did you get such a tall kid?

Bree said...

Oh my heck, I about fell off my chair when I saw Collin! He went from like chubby little rolly bear to skinny little boy! He has thinned out like crazy and lost his baby look. I seriously can not believe him, that makes me super excited slash sad for Christmas. (sad cause it will make me sad how different the kids will be) Think how sad it will be the longer we live away (maybe not for long for u) we will change so much, our next kids we will only see twice a year from day 1, and we won't see them for months after they are born. And I just took up your page....


P.S. I said to Jonathan I love Collin's shirt, then I realized I picked it out! I think it's the one right?!

Josie said...

I can't believe how grown up those two look! Especially Collin...how crazy! Samantha's preschool sure does fun things. That's great for her. I never got ahold of Michelle for that information. I guess they've been spending a lot of time vacationing and with her fam cause her brother is leaving on his mission. Anyway, I'm not giving up! :)

Julianne Zollinger said...

Wow, I can't believe how tall Samantha is. She is a head above all the other kids. And Collin isn't far behind. I hope those are the Stevens genes and not Taylors otherwise Nathan and I are doomed.

Mindy said...

Samantha is a littl model. Holy cow she is a doll. I alos love all the things you made with your friends. I had no idea you were so talented.

Fyi- I am taking my blog private so e-mail me your e-mail so I can add you. I had kind of a freaky thing happen so I wanted to go private. I think you have my e-mail right?

Take care.