Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Halloween Fun!

We've done some fun things this past week- just little activities at home- so I thought I'd combine all of them into one post- unlike my blogging-pro sister in law Bree - I stink at keeping up!

This past week my friend Tasha and I went to do a fun little Halloween project at Samantha and Brooklyn's pre-school. It was fun to see Samantha what Samantha does everyday and to see her interact with her friends at school. It was great to now put faces with all the stories that Samantha tells!
Brooklyn and Samantha getting ready for the "Mummy" project
Tasha had a cute Mummy story to read to the kids

One night we made CUPCAKES and decorated them and then made little ghost suckers to put on top. Samantha drew the eyes and then decided that the ghosts needed hair.
Both are SO thrilled.....

Finished Product!
It's the GREAT PUMPKIN Samantha Taylor! Instead of carving- (I didn't want the mess in our small kitchen) I let Samantha paint hers and Collin colored his with a marker! That day Gra sent a Halloween box from The Popcorn Factory so after we decorated the pumpkins we watched The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown and ate the yummy treats!

As a little kid I LOVED watching holiday shows- heck I still do! It is so fun to watch my own kids get excited about the same things I did!
Next... Trick or Treating!

5 comments:

SummerV said...

I love watching Holiday shows too. It brings back the spirit of the holidays to have the kids enjoy it with you all over again. Collin is getting so big and still so cute! I am stealing the painting a pumpkin idea.

Josie said...

Amberlee you seriously are the cutest mom ever. Please come back and be my best friend again. You know about my family and the holiday shows. My dad started showing elle Charlie Browns Halloween back in July. Did you find the family proclomations okay? I'm sure I didn't spell that right.

Bree said...

You are catching up, slowly but surly! Your kids are so cute... as if I have not told you that a million times! Can't wait to see them on Halloween.

kristi and family said...

you are so cute... and such a great MOM... happy halloween....

Tasha said...

Cute & fun times. your kids are always so cute & animated in their pictures I love it & am going to miss them a lot!!!!