Wednesday, October 22, 2008

COLUMBUS, OHIO

So we found out today where we will be going next year- Columbus Ohio here we come! To be honest I have so many mixed emotions- but one is stronger than the rest- and that is the assurance that this is where we are suppose to go. I know that I am excited for Mike- because he wanted to go here- and he is excited about it- which makes me happy for him. And if I really wanted to be honest with myself- I knew that Salt Lake was not going to happen- back during conference weekend- oh shoot I can't remember who talked about it- but the talk about change- and how it is good for us etc. I knew when I listened to that talk that I was one who needed change if I was ever going to progress the way that I need to. I love my comfort- I hate being challenged- but I've seen in my past how when I have been challenged I have grown more than I ever thought was possible. So this morning- all puffy eyed- I have decided there will be no more tears- I will think positively- and look forward to this new adventure. Heck and be grateful that we have several months to find a place instead of a couple weeks! Now all I need to do is find a map and find out where Ohio actually is! (geography was never a strong subject)

10 comments:

Mike said...

THE LORD ultimately knows what is best for us- he knows where we as individuals and as a family need to be - Congratualtions!!!!!

Who is Cam?

Tiffany said...

I think Columbus is a really good spot- I'm sure you guys will love it!

Dave said...

Columbus, OH! congrats. Interesting Fact. More D-1 sports are in OH than any other state (good ones too). I have only been to OH a couple times, and I remember really liking it. We now have an excuse to go again.

Natalie said...

Congratulations! I wish Columbus had been an option for us! I think you will LOVE it there. An added bonus: only a couple hours from us! And yes, I would drive 2 hours to get my hair done......I'm serious!

Brianne & Jarod said...

CONGRATS to Mike! I am not one for change either, but realized (as I forced myself to be a nanny in NYC) that I learn a lot about myself from the change! The best part about going somewhere new is that you have a bunch of new "missionary" opportunities! I am sure that it will only make you a stronger mother, wife, and FRIEND! I would LOVE to have someone like you living by me :) Just bust out some of your AMAZING crafts and everyone will LOVE YOU!

Earl & Girls said...

You will do great in Ohio. It's cool that you know now and can start planning. By the way, thanks for taking Earl in. We really appreciate it. I wish I could have come, too. It would have been fun to see you.

Julianne Zollinger said...

Yeah Columbus!!! That is a mere 7 hour drive from Nathan and I, so I am very excited. You'll be SO close ;).

Angela and Dave said...

Congratulations! We're excited for you! Can't wait to here about your next adventures.

kristi and family said...

good luck and congrats... i bet you will love it there...

Kat said...

I heard about this through the family grapevine of course. I'm excited for you even though I would love to have you back!! Until then, blogging will have to do! And I couldn't agree with you more about being challenged and growing. Having my nephews live with us has been a huge learning experience, I can actually see myself changing for the better. Dang trials!!! They are life's necessary evils!! Hang in there. Can't wait to see you for Christmas!