Tuesday, September 23, 2008

RED BARN!


Every year the little town we live in puts on an Arts and Crafts Festival. Last year I decided to participate with a few other medical school wives- as a way to earn some extra money and meet new people. It was fun but the weather was cold and rainy- but still a good experience. This year some friends and I decided to try it out-they did not do it last year- so I was the "veteran". Last year I sold my bags and diaper and wipes cases- this year I wanted to try something different. I still did the diaper and wipes case- but I added some jewelry for women and little girls- I also copied my sis-in-laws clip and bow frames. It was such a fun day! The weather was beautiful- and so many people came out. It was great to have a "day off" and just talk with my friends and have a good time. Our booth stayed pretty busy and I think that everyone is happy with the way it turned out. It was an exhausting few months for all of us as we made everything-and let our houses go to pot- but it was worth it! I have some of the most talented friends- with the cutest ideas. It is one of the things that I have loved about this last year here- I have learned so much from them.- and really it's not just the crafts- they are amazing people- and I know that we will always be in eachothers lives.Whoa- didn't know I was going to get all sentimental!?!

I posted a lot of pictures- I wanted my mom to see everything!.



Here are the bow and clip frames- along the bottom there are some hooks to hang headbands. They are super handy- I sold all 6 in the first hour and 1/2



The earings and watches



These are Pretty Princess Packs. They have a necklace,bracelet and button ring. I have decided to try and sell more- they turned out to be pretty popular. So if you are looking for a birthday present or stocking stuffer-or you have a little girl who loves jewelry- then let me know!



The diaper and wipes cases

The rest of these pictures are random shots of everyones items



Jena and a master knitter- just amazing-




The whole booth (this actually is not a very good shot- oh well)




Tasha made the handiest cute carseat blankets-




These applique' shirts are the cutest- my friend Sara has an etsy shop
sewsara.etsy.com check it out!








Both of these last shots are of Jena's clips- I especially love the cloth clips above- SO cute! It also shows some of Tasha's burp cloths.


I also have to thank Mike- again for being SO SO supportive. He gave up a whole Saturday of studying to stay with the kids. He brought both of them to come and see our booth. I came home to the laundry done- the house spotless and both kids were in the tub. He never complained- he is the absolute best husband in the world! I love you Mike- thanks again!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought your booth was so cute! Everyone is so talented!

SummerV said...

I am so glad you posted your stuff! So cute. You have a great eye for patterns and what looks cute together. I am glad it was a success. I may have to place some orders with you.
I am telling you Amberlee...etsy!
You are so talented.

Earl & Girls said...

It looks like you had a lot of fun. How much are you selling the sets for. Nadya would absolutely love it. By the way, your kids are getting so big. I'm glad you are doing so well.

Natalie said...

I actually missed not going to Red Barn.......it looks like your booth was darling! I'm glad the weather was better than last year.

Brianne & Jarod said...

ummmm...hello can you say TALENTED?? How cute is all of that stuff! Sure wish that I had a girl, because I would be ordering it all! I love the wipes cases too...just too cute :) I love little festivals like that...I always find the best stuff! Looks like I need to come to yours :) LOVE IT! LOVE IT! LOVE IT! I sure wish that I had friends here in Texas to do stuff like that with..ugh, that is the crappy part about moving and starting over!!

Sara said...

It was so much fun, wasn't it? I'm glad I decided to do it, and thanks for organizing it!

I'll carry on the tradition next year as the "veteran." :)

Now when are you opening an etsy site? ;)

Saysha said...

I am so jealous! Last year Red Barn had the WORST weather, and there's NEVER been a booth with such cute stuff!!! Good job you domestic crafty girls...all that stuff was so darn cute. How much did you sell those clip frames for? Are you still making/selling them?

kristi and family said...

that looks awesome... you are so talented...

Sara said...

I thought I commented here, but maybe not.

It was so much fun! I'm glad you got more pics of everyone's stuff. :)

The Wilkins' said...

Okay, I LOVE all of you girls' crafts! You are all so amazingly talented! I wish I was there to buy one of everything - and see you cute girls of course! I'm glad you were successful and had fun!

Marianne said...

Wow - you're crafty! How fun - I'm so glad to see you loving being far from "home". I'm sometimes jealous of my friends who have left Utah and gone out yonder and discovered wonderful new friends. I'm so happy for you! I need a girl so I'll have a use for cute hair bows and all that stuff!

Heidi said...

That looks so fun. I wish I could do something like that. All your pictures on your blog are cute. I haven't blogged in awhile. Can't wait to hear from you.

Unknown said...

Amberlee,
What a cute booth! I'm wishing I could see all the good stuff in person. I was wondering if your friend that knitted stuff sells tiny, brand new baby hats. I have been able to find one here in Averie's size, but I'm trying to find one for my new little girl. Just curious! Shelley

Kat said...

Ummmmm...A-maz-ing!!!!!! Can I seriously buy some from you??? You need to make a blog of your stuff for people to buy. I'm dead serious. I will buy one of each!!!!!!

Megan said...

Your booth was soooo super cute, the cutest! I loved it and still bought stuff...even though I don't have a girl ;)