Monday, March 24, 2008

Fun Easter weekend (even in 20 degree weather)



(Sorry for some repeat pictures- I'm still figuring this program out!)
We just had a very fun weekend filled with a lot of activities. It started Saturday morning with the SAA (Student Advocate Association, an organization for the spouses of the med students) Easter Egg Hunt. It was bitter cold- but Samantha was really excited- so we just bundled up and hunted as fast as we could! After the hunt- Samantha had her first primary activity! They talked about Genealogy, they made a family tree by using their hands and finger paints. They decorated their own journals and learned the primary song "Family History" She had a great time! It was funny because at one of the stations- they were playing a game and they were trying to get the kids to say Grandpa- so they asked them- who was their daddy's dad? (did that make sense?) And Samantha blurted out Mike! Which she was right- it is her grandpa's name- but they were going for the general answer!
Sunday morning we woke up to a little bit of snow- it was so not Eastery (I know that's not a word) Samantha was so excited to see what the "Rabbit" brought her. I had made a church bag for her and a picture frame of little pictures of Jesus with the words to the primary song "I Feel My Saviors Love" in the middle for both kids. Of course all my hard work was quickly over shadowed by the movie "Enchanted" and a chocolate bunny! Mike wonders why I go through all the hard work- full well knowing that it won't be as appreciated as I'd hope (by no fault of Samantha). I guess it all comes down to the fact that I enjoy projects!
We went to church and had a really good meeting- a nice reminder of why we really celebrate Easter.
After church we had dinner with our Missouri family- the Perry's and Flanagan's. The kids had another Easter egg hunt- and just had fun playing together. All in all it was a great weekend.

5 comments:

Mindy said...

Easter fun for sure. I love the idea of the little church bag. How cute. I also love the picture with all the little squares. Cute Cute!!

Tiffany said...

Hey! What program did you use to do the collage of pictures? Anyway- so cute! Even if it was freezing on Easter- it was still fun!

Maren said...

Cute blog! (hope you don't mind, I found yours through Tiffany's). That is so cute about Samantha saying Mike when she was supposed to say Grandpa. I'm glad you guys had a nice Easter!

Melanie Chambers said...

Amberlee,
Your blog is so fun. It's fun to show people what you're doing through the blog, I think.
Your spring break seemed terrific. Next break...summer!!:)(this is Melanie, by the way)

Bree said...

Amberlee did you make the bag you have of the 4 of you on easter? It is so super cute! I wish I was as crafty as you. Remind me to bring my fabric this summer so we can make one.