Thursday, March 27, 2008

Finally moving forward!

Collin has finally figured out how to move forward! For weeks now he has been just pushing himself backwards (and getting frustrated) but now he can get to the things he wants instead of getting further away! The funny thing about it- is that he gets up on his tip toes- in the push-up position- he then pushes off with his toes- rolls onto his tummy and then back up again. It is the cutest thing to watch. There are times when he does a normal cross crawl- I think he is figuring out that it is an easier way to get around compared to his worm crawl!

Collin just had his 9 month check-up. It seems that the Taylor kids will continue to stay at the top of the charts! He is 29 inches long (90%) 24lbs 12oz (95%), I can't remember the circumfrence of his head- but I do know that it is in the 95%. He is just a big kid! He is starting to like his solids a bit more- it took a couple months of trying to get him convinced that it's really a good thing! We love our sweet little guy- our "Mitter" (mister). Mike's addition: we really call him "Mitter Von Schnitterpants". :)

I caught a glimpse today of what Collin is in for with is sister Samantha. We were watching Enchanted and Samantha wanted me to play the part of Edward- and her play Giselle. She wanted me to catch her as she fell and then say the exact words that they say in the movie. Boy is Collin in trouble!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! How cute is Samantha? I can't believe how big Collin is. That is so fun that he's figuring it out now.

Unknown said...

You know, I'm sitting here with songs from Enchanted stuck in my head right now! That's cute that Samantha has a little brother to play the part of the prince. He's getting so big so fast!

Marianne said...

Yipee! Now we can be friends again....since I suck really bad at keeping in touch. You look as happy and gorgeous as you always have. What a fun family you have....you're set for life with a boy and girl!
Okay, so Enchanted is hilarious! My favorite line is when the guy tells her the couple is getting divorced and she says, "Forever and ever??!?". Except, after watching the movie Rhett asked me what divorce means and that made him seriously upset too!
Hope you're doing well...isn't blogging the best way ever to keep in touch with friends?

Anonymous said...

Yay for BABY COLLIN!!! You guys should tape the sweet crawl action and put that on. For sure I want to see that!

SeƱora Daiana said...

Hi Amberlee It's Daiana Springer Jared Springer wife. I saw your blog on kats blog. You have a cute blog and you guys look so happy. Jared says hi.

Kat said...

Amalee amalee! (I can still hear Samantha's little voice saying your name) I LOVE your blog. Ok, convession, I actually kind of hate it! It's way too darling, just like everything you do. I definitely need some help!!! So you will probably be getting a call from me soon! But either way, I am so excited to keep in touch this way. Why didn't we do this last August?!? I love seeing all the pictures and hearing about the cute things your kids are saying and doing. You don't feel quite as far away anymore! Love you guys!

Bree said...

I forgot to tell you when my family was here they kept saying they saw Samantha in Addison. Now that they said that and I see Samantha's baby pictures they kinda do. (like 6-12 months)

Dave said...

mitter? mamph? Michael... you are your fathers son. I have always scratched my head when your dad calls Russell, "gafubins" (however you spell that), but for you it probably seems just normal.