Saturday, November 26, 2011

Sisters....

A couple of days ago there was a big fat box with my name on it--inside was a pair of super cute, super comfy, super warm boots. My sister Steph had surprised me. I can't begin to express how much those boots mean to me. Not because they are fabulous boots-- but because Steph had sacrificed some of her hard earned money(and believe me she deserves every penny she earns with the job she has) to buy me something that I could not even come close to affording. These days an extra 10$ is a big deal--so these boots are a huge deal to me.
My other sister Cassie is currently going to school full time and working-- which those who have been in that situation know how tight money can be. She is saving her money right now so that she can fly out and visit us sometime at the beginning of the year. She knows how homesick I've been-- so of course I can hardly wait.
I've been incredibly blessed with amazing sisters. Both very giving, kind and thoughtful. We were raised by a woman who taught us to be just that through her example. I am so grateful for our relationships.We have such a good time together. In fact Samantha said to me once "Mom, when you get with Steph and Cassie you guys like you're 12 or something" which funny thing--- she is pretty accurate! I love the woman in my life (sisters in law included) I am so incredibly fortunate-- so extremely blessed.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Yahoo for new boots-- and for sisters!!

SummerV said...

Need to see pics of the new boots. That was so sweet of your sis. I totally understand the homesickness and not being able to come home for holidays etc. My mom ran into your mom the other day and they chatted about your school/living far away etc. It will all pay off in the end. The budget, time with Mike away all of that will pay off. Luckily you have a great family that makes it possible for you to see them and to have the things that are fun and maybe not possible without them (ie. boots and such).
Hang in there!