Tuesday, November 2, 2010

November 1

It's funny how just saying a date brings on so many emotions. As yesterday came and went, I thought a lot about my dad and I thought a lot about my family in general. I think back over the last 15 years and how our lives are different because of losing our dad so early. But there is something that I don't think a single one of us can deny- and that is- we are a closer family- we each have grown in ways that only that experience could teach us. My family is so important to me- I love each one of my brothers and sisters so much-- I consider them to be some of my closest friends. We all know what is going on in each others lives--I love talking to them on the phone--we laugh and have a blast when we're together-- we support each other-- we pray for each other. Sure we've had our rough patches-- but our love for each other remains the same.

I am grateful for our parents who raised us the way that they did. I am grateful for the love and support that I've always felt. I am grateful for a dad- who lived his life in the way that he did-- that even though he is no longer living--we each strive to pattern our own lives after his. I am grateful for a mom-- who didn't falter for a second after losing a husband with 6 young kids.-She picked up and carried on-- even when I know it was probably more than she could bare. She did an amazing job being the mother and the father. I am grateful for the way she helps to keep us all close- and for her CONSTANT love and sacrifice.
I am grateful for our eternal family-- I am grateful that one day hearing and seeing the date November 1 won't hurt so bad-- I am grateful to know I will see my dad again.

9 comments:

Tasha said...

You are right one day Nov. 1 won't hurt so bad, but good thing you have such a positive attitude about it all & look at the good!! You are so right you grew in so many ways because of life taking the path it did...not saying it made it easy for sure! Your family pictures are darling, I just can't get over how much Owen keeps changing (I think). They are all so cute! What a cute family you have & I see Mike can still keep a full head of hair. Your hair looks so cute, but what else is new! We need family pics too so bad! Well take care & can't wait for Dec!!

chapstick said...

Loved your post B and thank you for the kind words. The reason I could bear to go on was because I had 6 wonderful children who still bless my life beyond words. I know I have an eternal mate waiting for all of us and feel so blessed that I have children and their mates that are living their lives so we can all be together one day.

chapstick said...

Can't figure where this whole chap stick thing comes from. I really don't want to be incognito. Have to see about getting it changed.

Taryn said...

I read this just after posting my own emotional ramblings about missing my dad...Ugh, it really is no fun is it? I am sorry you had to celebrate such a not-so-fun day, but I am sure it is nice to take some time to think of him. Thanks for being a great example to me that life really does go on and things can still be okay. :)

Your family pictures are so great, btw! I love them!

Taryn said...

I read this just after posting my own emotional ramblings about missing my dad...Ugh, it really is no fun is it? I am sorry you had to celebrate such a not-so-fun day, but I am sure it is nice to take some time to think of him. Thanks for being a great example to me that life really does go on and things can still be okay. :)

Your family pictures are so great, btw! I love them!

Bree said...

Would you be surprised if I said I am crying? Oh your not! Okay well... Love you, thanks for being such a great example to me.

Alisa said...

This is beautiful Amberlee! And may I say that YES you do have a WONDERFUL mother! She amazes me and the longer I live the more I realize what a gift she gave you and your siblings as she clung to the Iron Rod and never wavered in her desire to do what is right and live up to her covenants. I will ALWAYS be grateful for her example and for your family's friendship!

Jena said...

I can't help it, every November I think of you and get tears in my eyes. I wish I could have known your dad. I know he is amazing! Look at you! Love ya girl!

Josie said...

I love you B. I've loved and admired you from the date I met you..and the apple doesn't fall far from the tree...you obviously have patterned your mom's life. She is a very strong lady and I'm grateful for people like her who don't even know it but are such good examples to people like me. - btw I bought all my felt for my stockings yesterday. Now on to find the right pictures to copy:) I'll call you soon.