Friday, November 5, 2010

Halloween (week)

Here's a review of our Halloween Week:

Started the week off with carving pumpkins. The kids drew their design and Mike carved it..

Standing behind their pumpkins...



Decorated sugar cookies with the Elders.....




Had yummy donuts...

Cornbread with a pumpkin design


Trick or Treating...(not on Halloween here in Columbus-- it always takes place the last Thursday from 6-8pm- different- but good, I guess)



On Halloween night...my favorite -Chili and scones ---YUM.

(side story...at dinner Collin wanted to dress up again in his costume, while Collin is in costume- he is Superman-not Super Collin- not Collin but Superman. While we were eating, Mike said
"I like Superman, but I sure miss my Collin" Immediately, Collin was silent-- we look over- and with tears in his eyes and his little lip quivering-- he said"I don't want to be Superman anymore, I want to be Collin again" - such a tender hearted little dude.
Later that night, we gathered on our bed-- with delicious chocolate candy bars (from Grandpa and Grandma Taylor) and the traditional and always yummy Popcorn Factory box of surprises(Gra and Papa) we ate more junk and watched "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown"



Good times and Good memories. I still don't really like Halloween-- but having kids makes it pretty great.

5 comments:

Bree said...

You are such a creative mom! How did you do the corn bread? Maybe one day I will be a fun mom too!

Bree said...

One more thing I think Samantha's witch costume is one of the cutest I have ever seen, Addison would be so proud to know she was a witch too. And poor little tender Collin, so sweet!

Jena said...

I was a bum Halloween mom. We didn't even carve our pumpkins! Boo me!

Kaydee and the boys said...

Oh Amberlee...

We all know you clipped those from a magazine. :)

Can I just say how much I love your family pictures!!! You look beautiful and your kids are so adorable! What a cute family.

Miss you!

chapstick said...

I cannot even wait to see all the little kidlets. Also... you still need to call me and teach me your blogging ways... im so incredibly lost. thanks. your love sister - Cassie