Sunday, October 24, 2010

Relief

Like so many wards, today we had our primary program. I always look forward to the program each year. Today I had goosebumps, and tears in my eyes almost the whole time. I just love the voices of the primary kids as they sing their hearts out to the beautiful primary songs. I love primary songs.
A year ago at this time as I was helping Samantha memorize her part, I said to myself "Man, I am SO glad that I am not in charge of the primary program" NEVER do that. This year I found myself 2 months before the program being called as the 2nd counselor in our primary presidency. The primary program had not been written yet--- so I had to quickly figure out how in the heck to write a script, assign the parts and organize the practices etc. in time for today. This was SO far out of my comfort zone- it 's not even funny. Luckily with a whole lot of prayers(and tears)-- and some great advice and tips from my mom it all came together.
I was so proud of the primary kids. Getting up in front of so many people is terrifying for me at age 31- I can only imagine how it was for them. We only had 2 kids who didn't want to say their parts-- not bad in my opinion.
Samantha did awesome--- no worries or hesitation- and she had her part down solid. I was so proud of her.
Now I guess I have a little time before I have to start thinking of next year?!?

2 comments:

Tasha said...

Wish I could have been there to wach! I'm sure it was wonderful!! I love those pictures of those boys!! So, cute they are both getting so big!!

Brianne & Jarod said...

That is the best program of the year! I am sure you did GREAT! CONGRATS!