Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Magic Powers

Through the years, I have come to believe that moms have special powers. My own super powers are still developing....but my mom has super strengths, strengths that I hope to have one day. She just has a way of making things better. For the past two weeks, Mike has been in St. Louis doing a rotation in a hospital there. To help out, my mom flew in a week ago and stayed for a week. We had a blast. Along with being a fantastic mother and grandma- she is an amazing friend. We had fun talking, laughing, watching NCIS re-runs :) after the kids were asleep and just being together. She helped to relieve so many stresses that I have had recently.... things with my calling....making things possible that aren't possible on a medical student budget...helping to decorate the toy room....and so many other things.
Here are some things we loved and will remember....


Grandma picked up Samantha every day from school......

We played games....

Making crafts.....



Going to the park....
Late night run to Dairy Queen for ice cream...
Watching "Honey I SHRUNK the Kids"...



Eating my FAVORITE treat...Al's gourmet popcorn....I MAY have eaten my weight in popcorn.
Thanks Mom, for coming out and doing all that you did. We will never be able to repay you for everything. We love you and miss you already!
Ok, Daddy---- now COME HOME!-It's been WAY TOO LONG!


5 comments:

Jill said...

Aw man ya gotta love the mom!

Its been way too long since we've got together! Girls night out soon, right?

Bree said...

Oh I bet you guys did have fun! I was just thinking today that I need my mom to come out and help me do some crafts I have been wanting to finish for years, and re-do our 72 hour kits and make ones for the girls... Okay okay I know I could do them myself but sometimes we just need our moms to help us out right?! I guess I am still a little kid at heart...
Hopefully we will all get to hang out at Christmas... Fingers crossed we come!

Kaydee and the boys said...

Oh... I just love your mom. How fun for you guys to have Grandma around. I'm aware that she's a great mom & I can only imagine what a fantastic G-ma she must be!

Tasha said...

How much fun!! I am so jealous! I've been thinking about you a lot thinking this was the time for Mike to be gone! I'm so jealous! I wish my mom would come & stay with me!! Brooklyn thinks Collin is getting so big! Glad things are going good & your mom made it out!

Natalie said...

Is Mike still in St Louis???? Where is he staying? Does he need anything....... we are here and so happy to help!