Monday, March 15, 2010

Mike's Birthday and Bowling!

Mike just turned 31. Crazy to think that he is IN his 30's.


We didn't really do too much, just a decorated house, had a requested roast dinner and cheesecake for dessert. I took the kids to pick out a gift to give Mike, they chose a Nerf Rifle (they know their dad). he also got a big fat book.- Atlas Shrugged. 2 very different gifts- but they both seem to fit Mike perfectly. We are so lucky to have such a wonderful husband and dad- Happy Birthday Mike!



Everyone looks a little worn out (but still really cute)- Mike's on surgery and the kids spent the day in the backyard (yay for spring)

On Saturday, after the house was cleaned,grocery shopping done and Mike's studying out of the way- Mike figured we needed to all get out and do something fun. So with coupons in hand we decided to go bowling. The kids were thrilled. As you can see below, the kids each have their own style/technique of bowling......


Collin- SIT, ROLL AND WATCH





Samantha- BALLERINA ROLL



and finally.....Owen- JUST CHILL


For Mike's sake I won't post the final scores,but let me just say... I WON!

We had a fun time, made memories, I love our kids.

4 comments:

Amy Jenks said...

Happy Birthday, Mike!
(If you're like me, you won't be able to put that book down - it's that good!)
I love the kids styles. Samantha's pose makes me smile - perfect pose for a little girl.

Tasha said...

What FUN I was thinking of Mike on Friday & then this morning before getting on your blog I remembered when I talked to you yesterday I forgot to ask how his Birthday was! So, Happy late Birthday! Wish we could have celebrated with you all! Take Care!! Can't wait to figure out something to see you all!

Sara said...

Owen has changed so much since I last saw pics of him. So cute!!
I'm glad to see a new post from you :)
Happy bday to Mike!

Jena said...

Happy Happy birthday mikey dear. happy days will come to you all year!

Glad you had some family fun time! Surgery makes that rare indeed.