Tuesday, October 13, 2009

A picture of me.....

Lately, Samantha has been really concerned about being left behind, getting lost or taken etc. It's funny because when I was a little girl I was the EXACT same way- but more so. I was ALWAYS worried about being kidnapped- I looked out for vans without windows because those were perfect for taking kids. I didn't like going to the mountains because that seemed like a good place to take kids etc.- I know, I worried ALOT- heck I still remember in our kindergarten carpool CJ's mom saying "Amberlee, you worry way too much for a 5 year old"but to my credit- I inherited it- I have a nervous Mom and Grandpa (it's a running joke in our family)- so it only makes sense that Samantha is the same way. (poor kid, not something I necessarily wanted to pass down)
Anyways, the other day we were in the grocery store and Samantha says to me: "Hey mom, I have a good idea." me: "what's that?" Samantha: "When we get home, I am going to paint a picture of you so that when we go out, if I get lost I can show someone what you look like so they can help me find you!" It brought tears to my eyes- for 2 reasons
1-what a sweet thing to think of
2-I can only imagine what the finished product would look like given my current "condition"

6 comments:

SummerV said...

Awh, that is sweet. I never knew that about you.

Jill said...

that is so funny! I was ALWAYS so afraid of being kidnapped, right out of my room, in the middle of the night! Poor Samantha! I hated worrying about that.

Jena said...

That is great. What a little cutie. You better post the picture that she draws.

Hope you have in kirtland. That sounds so fun! Hopefully we will figure out a way to get together. Cinncinati is almost 5 hours away for us. I'm going to try to call you again so we can discuss some plans.

Our Little Family said...

First your current condition is darling! Unlike your sweet looking sister in-law, she couldn't find paper big enough to paint me :)

Second I was the same way growing up I remember if my mom ever left us in the car while she ran in somewhere real quick (Im sure I was like 8, she never did that when I was little) I would lock the doors and my poor little chest would pound waiting for her to get back, I would look all around making sure there was not anyone coming in our direction.

She's too cute Im sure her Graw is happy to hear she is going to keep herself safe!

SummerV said...

You need to put a link to your etsy shop on your blog and...who is Tom Bombadil?

Brianne & Jarod said...

I am sure that you are just beautiful when you are pregnant Amberlee!