Monday, May 11, 2009

What makes the PERFECT Mother's Day?

-sleeping in until 9:00 ( kids almost always wake up at around 6:45)
-Cap'n Crunch for breakfast.- my favorite cereal and treat
-a morning of just reading (Goose Girl)- nothing else (expect painting toenails with Samantha)
-going to church and watching mamf sing Mother's Day songs in Sacrament Meeting.
-an absolutely delicious dinner- and not being allowed in the kitchen for preparation OR clean-up.
-being able to talk to both my mom and mom-in-law- my true examples the type of mom I hope to be.
-a movie after the kids are in bed- just me, Mike and some chocolate. This rarely happens- especially right before finals- and a Monday final. (Mike goes to bed with the kids those Sundays so that he can wake up EARLY to study)

Thank you Mike for making yesterday so special- and for always making me feel special
- I love you

-oh and good luck this week- LAST FINALS WEEK of our lives!!!!

2 comments:

Our Little Family said...

I am so jealous last finals week. I can't wait until I can say that, but I guess right after his last final we will lose him in the preperation for the Bar! uh... Sounds like you had an amazing mothers day.

chapstick said...

Way to go Mike!!