Sunday, May 24, 2009

Getting older.....

These two things happened a few weeks back- I've just kept forgetting to post them.....
First thing- Samantha's hair. When Samantha was born she a a ton of dark hair- and just like her it's kept growing and hasn't stopped! When she was a baby she had the cutest curls.......
Unfortunately the curls weren't going to last.....the cute ringlets just stayed on the last 2-3 inches of her hair. Whenever I've cut Samantha's hair I've only done trims- hoping to hang onto those cute baby curls as long as possible! I did it for 2 reasons really 1-because they were so pretty 2-Samantha does NOT like getting her hair done. SO the curls helped to make it look like I actually spent time on her hair!
With the cuteness also came knots and tangles. The ringlets made it difficult at times to comb through her hair. I finally accepted that it was time to let go of the curls and just cut them off. Samantha still wanted long hair so I only cut about 2 -2 1/2 inches....and yet it still made me sad!

Second thing - Samantha "graduated" preschool. She isn't going to kindergarten for another year- but we are moving-so I guess you could say she "completed" preschool.
They had a nice little program, they put together a slide show of the past year and then focused on each child. Then each class preformed a special song. At the beginning of preschool I was super hesitant to send her- but now looking back- I am SO grateful for the experience she had. Her teacher, Miss Laura was awesome- and the other helpers were great. She loved school and loved her friends there.

These 2 top pictures are a little fuzzy, I couldn't figure out how to make my zoom work right-



Our little mamf is growing up!

6 comments:

Brianne & Jarod said...

She is absolutely darling! I would have felt the same way about the curls..soooo cute! Her long blonde hair is beautiful!

Sara said...

i'm glad that samantha had such a great time in preschool -- because i'm like you -- super hesitant to send max, but i think i will, after hearing about you and tasha's experiences.

i didn't even notice that samantha's hair was shorter. .. it's still so pretty!

Our Little Family said...

Oh our little Manny Poo, Im going to be so bummed when I have to cut Paddi's off I guess I have 2-3 years.

Maren said...

Samantha was (and is) such a cute girl with all those curls. I really hope Syd's hair stays curly, but already the top is really straight. We'll see.

Jena said...

Those baby pictures are so adorable! I love love love the curly curly curls (i just had to sound that nerdy!)

SummerV said...

That picture of her on the couch is so cute, she looks like a little doll. It is just not fair for a little girl to have so much hair, my little Sophie still looks like a boy. You would laugh at how much hair she has and my mom and I always say...oh wow look at all the hair she is getting. Totally serious.