Monday, June 23, 2008

20 HOURS!!! We made it!!!



Well I am behind in blogging- time has gone by so quickly here- plus not being at home and in our normal routine has made it hard to keep up! We made it safely to Utah- but at times it seemed like our destination was getting further and further away! We left at 5:30 am on the 5th of June. Collin was not thrilled to be woken up......


(It's a little hard to tell- but he is seriously not happy)
Samantha was completely different- she was THRILLED!


The trip went along pretty well- we had started the trip hoping to make it within 18 1/2 hours but unfortunately there were a few "set-backs" ( I am not going to mention anything specific!). In Nebraska we traveled through a tornado warning completely unaware- grateful that nothing happened.I swear that the state of Wyoming must be the largest state in the United States of America! The kids both did really, really well- I think I did worse than the 2 of them! I get restless legs- plus I am claustrophobic- so with the limited space and the long hours- I about lost it! Once we got to my parents house I was beyond happy that we were staying for 6 weeks- so that I didn't have to make the return trip for long time! Luckily going back we will be traveling in a mini-van (fingers crossed that we find one).

3 comments:

kristi and family said...

amberlee... your here... i have been wondering.. do you want to come over and play?? the kids have a really fun play yard and they LOVE friends... BUT, are you way BUSY?? let me know... see ya

Maren said...

I'm so glad you made it!! I agree, Nebraska is the looongest state in the US- I won't believe anyone if they tell me differently!! Good luck finding a mini-van and enjoy your stay in Utah. We're back in Kville and I couldn't believe how fast our trip went.

Unknown said...

Glad you made it there safe! I'd recommend buying a good book on CD for the drive back, it helps the time pass so much quicker. If it doesn't put you to sleep :)