Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Summer Utah Trip

The kids and I were lucky enough to have a 3 week trip to Utah over the summer. One of my best friends from St. Louis (Syleisa) and her three kids joined us the drive out (Mike had to work). 6 kids under the age of 7 and 2 LONG days of driving made for an interesting but fun experience, and it was worth it to be able to be with family.

We had a curve ball thrown at us while we were there. I was pregnant- roughly 10 1/2 weeks and ended up miscarrying a week or so after we got there. It was a HUGE disappointment, like any miscarriage but thankfully I had family support and some terrific friends who stopped by to show their love. It really was a blessing to be in Utah when it happened, Mike is in a busy time of residency, so it was so nice to have my kids entertained and be able to go through it as easily as possible. And in the end were able to make the most of the trip and still made some great memories.

These pictures aren't in chronological order, it was too much of a pain to get them on here organized. But these are the highlights of our trip.


We visited my dad's grave and had a chance to share and talk about favorite memories.....



My mom organized a FUN Scavenger hunt with treats and prizes galore......

goofy girls///






We had dinner in the mountains and the kids got filthy and had a blast......


Went to the West Jordan 4th of July parade (a HUGE bust)





Grandpa Hales took us all to Leatherby's--- a family favorite

4th of July fun and fireworks





We went to Planet Pizza(?)









All the girls (including the littles) had pedicures




Rode TRAX downtown to City Creek (SWEET face)

Papa squirting the kids (they LOVED it)







 We were also able to spend fun time with Grandpa and Grandma Taylor but I continually forgot my camera (all the above pics were given to me from Bree). 

2 comments:

Jena said...

I'm so sorry! Boo. I'm glad you were with family. UT is good place to be. Miss you!

Amy Jenks said...

I'm so sorry Amberlee! I'm glad you were with family, though. Your kids are SOOO cute - love them!