Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Felt

I think the theme of this years Christmas is FELT. Between a gift that Mike and I are giving the kids for Christmas and then the advent calendar-- I don't think I want to see another piece of felt for a very long time :)    I FINALLY completed our family Christmas Advent Calendar. It has been in the works since our first year in Medical school-- but I just kept putting it off. Luckily this year a friend was doing the same calendar on her blog- so it gave me the motivation that I needed. I first saw this calendar on Pottery Barn Kids-- and just like everything from that place-- it was SO far out of our budget. I spent FAR FAR less money and  plus it gave me chance to make it a little more OURS. Yes it took a while to finish-- but I am happy with the way it came out. I hope that it will be something that the kids will cherish and will provide many memories. I still remember our advent-- and remember how exciting it was to see each day pass-- getting us closer to Christmas!


(a big shout out to my mom for drawing the template of the tree,star and stump- thanks Mom!)



I still have to add our name to the bottom-- that will happen sometime.....

4 comments:

SummerV said...

seriously? You are so talented! I love it!

Maren said...

wow! love the finished product!

Anonymous said...

LOVE THIS!! You are definitely SO talented!

The Thorntons said...

Homemade felt goodness... Like only you can do it!