Tuesday, September 7, 2010

First (and second and third) Day of School!

Like every mom who is sending her child off to kindergarten- I too was sad, worried, apprehensive and so many other emotions. I worried that little dramatic, imaginative Samantha would have a hard time dealing with the structure that school is. But I also knew that she was READY for something more than I could provide her at home- so it helped when the day came.
She was beyond excited and luckily 2 1/2 weeks later- that excitement hasn't dimmed. She comes home excited to tell me what they've learned and all the goings on. Every morning on the way to school she has said "Oh mom, I love school"- This has been such an answer to prayers-

After the first few days- I was commenting on how much I loved all the papers and pictures that she had been bringing home. Her reply was "Thanks, I know- I think we need to get a bigger fridge" (meaning a bigger space to hang her papers)

First Day-





Outside the school


With her cute teacher Ms. Dowler


First day of school treat! (A tradition from my childhood-that I LOVED- heck my mom even did if for me on my first day of cosmotology school!)


Samantha loved to get her picture taken- so she wanted 2nd and 3rd day photos (ha- she asked again this morning 2 1/2 weeks later to take her picture)

2nd Day
3rd Day

3 comments:

Julie said...

I love it. She reminds me so much of Ella. Samantha, is darling and looks so grown up. I sure miss you guys and enjoy reading and keeping up with how your family is doing through your blog. We need to see you soon :) Love the picture of the x-ray.It brought a smile to my face. I love chubby babies they are so squish able.
Hugs~ Julie

Bree said...

Your are such a dork you say you don't dress her cute she looks darling in all those pictures. Love Love Love the last one, and her pose. Any kid would love school when she is your teacher, talk about darling, looks like you guys lucked out, teacher make it or brake it. Jonathan says dang she should set her up with Cam, maybe take her to church a few times first! ha ha ha

Jena said...

Oh boy. She too adorable! Too many boys are going to be chasing her. You better get her on a track team or something.

I think I may be stopping by this week...I hope, I hope!