Thursday, June 24, 2010

Happy Birthday Amberlee!

I don't really have the ability to write sweet, reflective comments like Amberlee does so don't expect too much.

To my memory, I've never really loved birthdays, at least mine. But I've been realizing lately that birthdays are pretty special days.

When it is one's birthday, people tend to fall somewhere along a spectrum between loathing and shying away from the attention and "eating it up", loving the doting and gifts. This, I think, tends to change with age. But birthdays are as much for the celebrity as they are for the celebrators.

Today, three wonderful children and I (and other people too I'm sure) are celebrating the birth of a beautiful, sweet, loving wife and mother. We couldn't be more blessed to have you in our lives Amberlee.

We love you.

7 comments:

Jena said...

Happy birthday Amberlee! I've been thinking about you today. I'm sure that you are getting spoiled. Can't wait to see you.

Tasha said...

Happy Happy Birthday! I've been thinking about you all day! I wish I could celebrate with you!! I love the pictures Tamara took! They are all so adorable! I just want to hug & kiss that little owen he is so cute! Collin looks like a little heart throb & then Samantha as beautiful as ever! They have all grown so much! Makes me so sad to be missing out on seeing them!! Have a GREAT day!

Sara said...

I've been texting you and didn't even tell you HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I didn't realize it til I looked here on your blog!
soo .... happy birthday!!!
hope you're having a great great day :)

Bree said...

I have been meaning to call you all day, like on Collins birthday;) Happy Birthday... I think that was pretty good Mike, I was impressed!

Amy Jenks said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
I love the pictures Tamara took of you and your kids. They turned out amazing. Of course, you all look gorgeous as ever!
What a sweet post from your hubby. :)
Hope you had a great day.

chapstick said...

Way to go, Mike. Well said! She's a pretty special person in our lives too. A daughter who has been a blessing since the day of her birth. We love you all. Mom P.S the writing on the mirrors was a nice touch too!

Tiffany said...

Ah- what a cute post.
I hope you had a great b-day!