Sunday, November 30, 2008

Fun filled week!

Last week Mike finished up his finals just in time for a visit from Grandpa and Grandma Taylor and Russell! It was a so much fun to have them here! We took them on a tour of our town and of Mike's school. We drove to Adam-ondi-ahem (sp?) which even though it is only a few hours from us- I hadn't been there yet. We then spent 2 days in Nauvoo- which as always is such a neat experience. The first day was quite windy and super cold- but the second day was not as bad. Being there in the winter gives you an even greater appreciation for the early saints- especially as we stood at the end of Parley Street and looked out across the Mississippi River where they began the trek west. I can't even begin to imagine how it would be to be there- especially with our two young kids- leaving the warmth and comfort of our beautiful home and life in Nauvoo behind. What great faith it must have taken.
The last day we spent the morning taking it easy and then a quick visit to Thousand Hills State Park.
It was so great to have them here- the time went by too fast! Luckily in just 2 weeks we'll get to see them again!
Thanks Mike, Rosalie and Russell for coming out and putting up with our "cozy" apartment and our air mattress! We loved having you!
I don't have any pictures to post- but I hope to get some from my in-laws soon!

THANKSGIVING
(with yet again no pictures- sorry!)
We had a great Thanksgiving meal with our friends the Jenks and Johnsons! Everything was SO good- and of course I ate more than necessary! We had a nice time together. The kids played really well- the guys played some ball game outside (I can't remember the name) and then to top the night off we play Catch Phrase- boys against girls- and needless to say the girls rocked it!

I am so grateful for all that I have in my life- a loving, healthy family, a great place to live, the love and support of a wonderful extended family and the gospel. I am so grateful for the Savior- and the knowledge that he lives. We are so blessed!

1 comment:

Josie said...

Hey B- My trip to Nauvoo with my family was one of the greatest vacations I've ever had. It just means more when you're actually standing where they stood etc. I LOVE the new pictures of the kids! Who took them? Miss you guys!