Monday, February 18, 2008

My first attempt!

So it has taken awhile for me to really decide to start a family blog. I had a lot of reservations about the whole thing. I'd seen and read other blogs and I guess I felt inadequate? Could I write interesting or funny enough things to make it even worth it? But then a friend told me how she is doing it as a journal for her little family. I hadn't even thought about it that way- duh. For both Samantha and Collin I had started a journal for each of them on the day they were born. I inteded to then keep writing in them until they reached an age where they could then continue on their own.My own mother did this for me and I have loved reading back through it. I loved my childhood! But I don't know why I ever thought I could keep up on it- I fail miserabley (is that a word?) with my own journal. A couple of days ago I came across this quote -
" You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences."
Gordon B. Hinckley
Our family is going through some pretty exciting things- living in new places- and I want our kids to be able to look back and see what we experienced together. Let's just hope I am better at this than I am with our keeping up with our individual journals!

No comments: