Thursday, April 19, 2012

Easter Break and a Visitor!

Our Easter weekend was a good one. One of my very best friends came to visit. I have known Rochelle for most of my life---we met in Elementary school. She has always been and I know will continue to be one of  my greatest examples and closest friends. I am SO grateful for her friendship.
We also really lucked out to have Mike around for the weekend. We visited the Zoo (along with everyone else in St. Louis). We spent time at the park. Rochelle even sent Mike and I out for a night while she and the kids made movies at home :)
After almost a year of living in St. Louis we finally went to see the Arch.
I have to admit that I was a tad nervous for the ride to the top. You are enclosed in a little compartment (I get claustrophobic) Plus heights are not my favorite thing. It seems that I have passed along my wussiness to Samantha--she was pretty freaked out to begin with--- but we soon found out that there was nothing to worry about.

Waiting for our ride to the top





Looking out at the amazing view



Easter Morning
Looking for the eggs.....
Right before church
Each night while Rochelle was here, we spent the night on the couch surrounded by nothing that was healthy (licorice, junior mints...you get the idea) and we watched Downton Abby. It was the best.  Rochelle had not seen it yes--- so Mike helped us out by downloading the second season and then spent a lot of time burning them on to dvd's. It was awesome :)
For Easter dinner, we got together with our friends for a bbq and another Easter Egg hunt.




The night before Easter we sat the kids down and we talked about the Savior and how he is the reason we celebrate Easter. I made each of the boys a little case for their Book of Mormon, and then I made Samantha a new bag. I had to take this picture of Owee, he is so happy to have his own scripture-- he would just sit down and look through the pages.

2 comments:

SummerV said...

How fun that she was able to visit! I love Downton abbey!

Tasha said...

So CUTE!! I know isn't the arch amazing we went when we lived in Kirksville! I can't believe collin is doing preschool!! He looks so big I can't believe it! I can't wait for June! Glad to see things are going well!