Monday, August 15, 2011

The 4th

This year we had only been in St. Louis for a week--and honestly I was going to totally ignore it. Mike had to work--and I just didn't have it in me to do fireworks alone with the kids. But thankfully Natalie (a friend from Kirksville whose husband is doing residency here) totally saved me! Plus I was able to meet a new friend who also ended up being in our ward!


This was Owen the whole night---going from one adult to the other trying to get them to light his sparkler.
He finally gave up and just pretended :)




3 comments:

Bree said...

oh the single mom life has begun, I feel so sorry for my resident firends when their hubbies work hollidays. Ya'll look darling though, cant get enough of little Owe's hair!

Rach H @ FamilyEverAfter said...

Aw, sounds a lot like our 4th of July! So glad to hear you're making new friends and settling in. I love that last picture with you and your kids. Own is getting so big! I miss you here sooooo much!!!!

Tasha said...

Love these pictures! Owen is so cute! Glad that you ended up having a great 4th! I can't believe Owen's curls he should be Brooklyn's little brother! What cute kids!