Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Thanksgiving etc....

We had a really great Thanksgiving break! It started off with Samantha's school Thanksgiving party. I thought it was an adorable idea--the kids watched Charlie Brown Thanksgiving and then for the snack-- they had what Snoopy made for their Friendship Feast-- Buttered Toast, Jelly Beans, Pretzels and Popcorn.

Below is Collin pestering his sister during the movie. (He was So excited to be with her)


The Feast





For Thanksgiving this year we were lucky enough to have some good friends come over-- The McClure's (we knew them in Kirksville) and the Child's (friends from here). To be honest, I was a little worried that we would be super crowded in our little house-- but it all seemed to work out just fine. The food was delicious, the kids had a great time and it was just fun visiting. Of course I didn't get a picture of the adults-- meant to--but nope.
Adult Table

Samantha helping with the kid table

Kids Table

All the kiddos


The day after-- we brought out the Christmas decorations. With going to Utah (Yay! 2 weeks from today-Thanks mom and dad for making it possible!) for most of the month we didn't get out our big tree-- we just got out the smaller ones-- let each kid decorate their own and I did one as well.


After we were finished, we brought out the air mattress and watched Home Alone 2 (the kids Loved it--- I don't think I have ever heard Collin laugh so hard)


(Owen teasing Collin---happens alot!)
The whole weekend was wonderful--just being together and relaxing--loved it.

1 comment:

Tasha said...

Sounds like fun! But i must say my heart sinks to think of our Thanksgiving together! Your sweet potatoes were a hit yet again! I think I'm the designated sweet potato girl now! Miss ya & counting down the days!