Monday, February 23, 2009

Little Star Wars Geeks

Every Wednesday night I have Activity Days for about an hour. Both kids love this time because it means that they get daddy all to themselves. I'm not quite sure how the tradition began- you'll have to ask Mike- but every Wed. the 3 would sit with some kind of treat and watch a little of Star Wars. They started with the first one and then they would continue each week beginning where they left off the previous week. They have now watched all three movies twice! And they really enjoyed it- Collin was totally into it. One of the times I happened to be home and watch it with them- Collin was sitting next to me- and all the sudden I hear this little noise- I put my head down- and what do ya know he is making Darth Vader noises! Unbelievably cute!
Another night Samantha was trying to ask Mike a question about Princess Leia but she couldn't remember her name so this is how it went "Dad- ya know that girl- the princess- the princess like me- we're both princesses- what is her brothers name?" She said it so matter of fact- this little girl really does believe she is a princess- just like Leia :)
Wow I am surrounded by Star Wars geeks! love it.

8 comments:

Katherine said...

That is so fun! Like they watch the real Star Wars? I'm going to have to tell Bobby that. He would LOVE that tradition. And I love what Samantha said about she and Leia both being princesses. OF COURSE!

:)

Tasha said...

This is way to CUTE! This is something they will look back one & remember forever! So, the night I had them was probably a bust with no Star Wars!

Angela and Dave said...

How cute! I love it! Evan has no idea who Darth Vader is! Post a video if you can. I'd love to hear Collin's imitation!

Stephanie said...

Well star wars at 2 and 4 are better then lord of the rings at 25!! im such a loser! ha i cant wait to hear collin and see princess samantha!

Stephanie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Josie said...

I'm so glad Samantha knows she's a REAL princesss cause she is. My Dad gave a talk the other day on "princesses" and he kept referring to Elle and I thought it was quite fitting. Call me soon:)

Maren said...

so cute! maybe i should convince Sheldon to take the girls, if there is Star Wars involved I know he'd do it.

Jena said...

That is such a fun tradition! Your kids will never forget it. Samantha is definitely one good princess. She already has heels down and everything!