Monday, December 1, 2008

Pictures of our trip to Nauvoo

My father-in-law sent us these pictures and I am now finally getting them posted!
So here are just a few shots-


Adam-Ondi-Ahman
This first one is not the best of any of us- except that I love Samantha in it. Of course she posed.


These are more for the view and overlook of the valley

Nauvoo
Collin at the visitors center. This is one of my favorite pictures. Lately he has had such a fascination with pictures or statues of Christ. The moment he saw the Christus he walked as fast as his legs could go pointing the whole way say "Jesus"



Here Grandma is showing Samantha how to help to make rope at the Family Living Center
Now she is a pro!

I love this picture of the boys in front of the statue of Joseph and Hyrum
Russell and Samantha posing with some hedge apples. They are the coolest looking things- we first found some at Adam-Ondi-Ahman and wondered what they were. On Sunday Mike, Rosalie, Russell and Samantha took a drive and passed by some Amish boys and they ended up asking them what they were called and then they came home and looked them up on the Internet. Of course with my horrible memory with most information I hear- it's gone within 10 min- I can't remember much about them other than they are poisonous for livestock. ?
Samantha and Russell by the Mississippi where the pioneers would have crossed.
Thanks again Grandpa and Grandma for such a great visit!

2 comments:

Josie said...

Wow looking at those pictures brought back some memories of my own. So glad you guys had such a wonderful time. Should I get a sewing machine for Christmas?

Kaydee and the boys said...

Looks like you had a blast, your kids are incredibly cute! Oh, and totally off the subject, but I love your hair!... you're such a cutie Amberlee.